Monday, August 10, 2009

Reflections on Shopping at Salvation Army.

I am a denim addict. I had over 20 pairs of blue jeans and to make room in my closet I took about 13 of those pairs to Salvation Army. And what do after I drop off my donation? Oh yea, I went to the racks of jeans to see if I could find some nice jeans for under $10 (which I did) It's truly pathetic.

While I was poring over the hundreds of pairs of jeans, analyzing pocket details and then seeing if they would fit, I realized that some of the jeans at Salvation Army definitely belonged in a salvage heap. I mean really, who donates jeans with a hole in the crotch of the pants? Or covered in grease? Or in some weird goop from who knows where?

Which brings me to my next thought after that... who donates underwear to Salvation Army? I spent a good long time wondering who actually bought said underwear but now I am curious how it even gets there in the first place. I personally would be creeped out if I knew someone out there was wearing an old pair of my underwear... gross.

The best purchase I made today by far was a Discman for $2.00!! It's even dec-ed out with some sweet stickers that say "GIRLS RULE!". Love it. Now I can have music for my long drive home to Tennessee. I don't have that many CD's but I borrowed some of my grandparents old country CDs so I can get in the southern mood before I make it home tomorrow night. I just wish I hadn't packed away my cowboy boots in storage...

Final Note: I am on the last few chapters of "The Shack" by William Young but I dont want to finish it because it's sort of over the top. The idea that everyone has their own light colors and it envelopes people they are in relationship with... REALLY?! Not that it couldnt be true but it just seems a little hokey-ish to me.

I don't really know why I wrote this except that I am bored...

No comments: