Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fiscal Responsibility

In the past few weeks or so I have been racking up the credit cards, mostly because I had to buy several suits and other things to prepare for my internship in D.C. that starts next Tuesday. As a result, I've been learning how to pay bills (on time), calculate FICO scores (myFico.com offers a free 30-day trial that's been really helpful), and figure out how much money a month I spend on different things ($46.00 at Starbucks in May...)

Since I've started tracking my actual expenditures I've realized I have poor money management skills. I guess because growing up money just seemed like this invisible entity and I never really saw it, I just knew we used the AMEX card. Now that I actually have my own cards and I have to PAY the bills, it's starting to hit a little bit closer to home. I'm definitely feeling some pain right now, but thankfully my mother took pity on me and gave me some money to start off in D.C. I'm a pretty lucky kid that my parents can bale me out whenever I get in over my head and that I am getting a few years as a trial run before I get out of college and have to do this all myself.

I got a new phone today! It's the new Sprint Rumor phone by LG in White (although, Sarah and I decided it was more of a "pearl" color - I think we should tell the advertising companies to change the name.) Then I got a hot pink snap on cover, which is super girly according to Alex. I think though my favorite part is the slide out full QWERTY keyboard. I can finally send a text in under 5 minutes! INCREDIBLE!

Other than that not a whole lot is going on. I am excited and nervous at the same time for D.C. because I still need to find a part time job and I haven't heard from my job about how to get to work and what time to be there on Tuesday. But I think it will be fun and I am looking forward to being back with a small group.

I still need to make the "Stuff Liza Likes" blog. It's going to happen. Maybe in 20 minutes. Because I have nothing to do and I have a bad case of insomnia.

No comments: