Sunday, May 18, 2008

Smith Mountain Lake & Summer

This weekend I went with my friends Sarah and Drew to Virginia to stay with Drew's family on the lake (Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia). At first we were really worried that we would just have rain but then on Saturday it was sunny and beautiful so we were able to go out on the boat and jet ski. Being out on the lake made me realize how much I am going to miss spending summer in Tennessee cause my family usually goes to Percy Priest Lake every other weekend in the summer. [Although I'm not sure even if I was staying home we would go out on the lake, but I definitely miss those days]. Anyways, we had a ton of fun, I fell off the tube several times and got a mild-concussion / sun-burn but other than that everything was awesome. And Drew's aunt and uncle were so nice to us (I'm sure they were impressed that Drew rolled up with 3 girls).

I leave for Washington D.C. next Sunday and I have to be honest, it hasn't really hit me. The credit card bills have, though, unfortunately. I have exactly $15.00 until the end of the month. Hopefully though I can find some chores and stuff to do for some extra cash before I leave next weekend. I'm definitely excited to be in D.C. during an election summer but the financial situation of working full-time as an intern unpaid and a full time job at night is already making me nervous.

On a side note, the whole way back from Knoxville Sarah and I talked about relationships (past, present, possible future) and I started to get depressed. I realized that everyone I actually like or am attracted to are people who are totally wrong for me or just treat me poorly. I'm not really sure why I am attracted to these kind of guys, I suppose because they pose a challenge for me and I want to prove to myself that I am worth their attention or affection. I like playing hard to get as much as the next person but there comes a point where I just want to know that the person cares as much for me as I care for them, and it's been awhile since I have truly found that. I'm just wondering how many more fake relationships/dates I'm going to have to go through before I find something real. Maybe I should take Alex's advice and go learn an instrument (or how to apply make-up, since that seems to be a problem area for me).

Sorry this was so random. I just noticed I hadn't posted in awhile and you were probably wondering whether or not you should take me off your Live Bookmarks tab. I've decided to start a new feature, called "Stuff Liza Likes", inspired by Stuff White People Like (see sidebar). I started thinking the other day about how I usually just complain about things that bother me, so I wanted to start looking for things that I enjoy. Maybe I'll start tomorrow, with Bold Coffee. Hmm, this might require a field trip / tasting at Starbucks... I am liking where this is heading.

No comments: