Thursday, November 20, 2008

White Horse

I've been really busy lately with school and a new blogging projects for a class here at the UofM, so I'm sorry if you've all been left to wonder where I've gone.

School is going okay so far, although there is a very real possibility of me not passing French which will mean that I need to take it again next year. I'm usually good in French but my professor this semester is ridiculous. We had a quiz today and she quizzed us on a reading we never went over in class but that we were "suppose" to read on our own. Honestly, I think she forgot we hadn't gone over it but then she was angry because we told her that she hadn't taught us to it yet. Oh well. If I have to take it again next semester I'll take it with a different professor.

Yesterday I was talking to a friend about how I have unrealistic expectations. And I realized that maybe I wouldn't get as stressed out as much if I just stopped making so many expectations and goals for myself. For example, my history professor this semester told us that he would select one paper to publish in the UofM History of Medicine Journal and so now I've been psyching myself out all semester for this stupid paper because I want to get published. But, realistically, I haven't found that much original research so the actual chances of me getting published are nill.

Maybe I should quit praying for miracles and just start asking for patience.

Also, I just downloaded some songs off the new Taylor Swift CD today. I know that it's not cool to like Country music, but give me a break. I'm from Tennessee. =)

That I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you
And your white horse, to come around

Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale
I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well
This is a big world, that was a small town
There in my rearview mirror disappearing now
And its too late for you and your white horse
Now its too late for you and your white horse, to catch me now

No comments: