Sunday, March 9, 2008

Succesful Jean Shopping

Anyone who knows me well enough knows that the one thing I absolutely HATE to shop for is jeans (a close second is shopping for formal wear but that doesn't occur nearly as often). Today I went to the mall in search of a pair of jeans, expecting it to take me a good 3 to 4 hours, but I managed to find a pair that was 1) on sale, 2) favorite style, and 3) a size smaller than I usually buy. 1 alone would have been enough to have my jumping for joy, since the past two times I have been shopping for jeans I have spent close to $90 on one pair. But I think I was most excited about the size. Since eleventh grade I have wavered consistently at a size 12/14. This was the summer after my strange strep epidemic that left me 30 pounds heavier and has been a pain in the butt to work off. The last time I was wearing a size 10 was when I was a sophomore, so this was pretty exciting (I know, not a huge size difference but still, it makes me optimistic).

I know this was not a heavily intellectual post, so sorry if I wasted your time. But if you had nearly the trouble I have had with jean shopping (i.e. almost having an emotional breakdown at the Buckle) you would understand =]

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I feel your pain Liza. I would almost rather get a root canal then shop for jeans. Who do they make jeans fit? They never fit the legs and hips like they are suppose to. Oh to hell with it, I am glad it is summer. I will just wear skirts, skorts or short.