Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring Break solitude

So this must be what people trapped in Ann Arbor over spring break do to stay sane : blog in the Community Learning Center while a bunch of obnoxiously loud boys play Super Mario Smash Brothers on one of the jumbo screens. Ah well, it beats the dead silence of my room at the moment...

I'm having some mixed feelings about my break right now, mainly because they only thing I have to look forward to is the massive amount of homework I've let pile up during exam week and (possibly) a haircut on Monday. Other than that it's going to be fairly dull around here: the cafeteria is only open for weird hours, my shower is perpetually cold because I live on the fourth floor and it takes forever to pump up there, and all the restaurants in the Union close early. Sigh. At least tonight I was able to convince Phil to drive Eva and I to Qdoba for some yummy chips and queso =)

Some people just have a knack for adventure. Sometimes I find myself slightly jealous of Alex - it seems like he's always having adventures. Even when he's at home he's finding stuff to do. And now he's off climbing in Nevada. Don't get me wrong, I definitely daydream of doing things. I would love to travel to Greece, learn how to sail, and hike a big mountain. But all of these things involve traveling and gear, which also involve lots of money that I don't have. I'm going to try to come up with something fun to do this week though, even if it just involves sledding in the arb...

I hate my job. I really really hate my job. Mainly because I spend my time telling people to stop doing things that most normal people would not do i.e. pee in water fountains, run into windows, spray fire extinguishers, or play orange soda pong an a $1000 pool table. You would think at the nation's top public university that this would not be an issue. You would be mistaken. I feel like I've met more stupid people in college than outside of it.

I'll keep you all posted on all my spring break (mis)adventures. Hopefully something exciting will happen!

No comments: